Crawl Space Encapsulations & Repairs in Nashville, TN
Notice mold, pests, or water in your crawl space? Protect your whole home with crawl space encapsulation in Nashville, TN. Crawl space encapsulation is one of the most budget-friendly solutions for eliminating unwanted moisture and preventing structural damage to your home.
Advanced Home Solutions offers professional crawl space encapsulations in Nashville and throughout Middle Tennessee. From Franklin to Hermitage, you can count on our team of technicians to get the job done right. Learn more about crawl space encapsulations below and call (615) 840-2005 for your free inspection today.
What Is Crawl Space Encapsulation?
You already know Middle Tennessee is humid. What you don’t know is that this humidity and moisture could be damaging your home and health. This is where crawl space encapsulations and other moisture control solutions can help.
Crawl space encapsulation creates a barrier to moisture and is installed in your crawl space, over the dirt, floor, walls, and vents. The encapsulation process seals a wet crawl space. It keeps water from entering the crawl space where it can cause severe structural damage, wood rot, and health issues due to mold and fungus. It’s also a proven method for keeping bugs out of your crawl space while saving you money on energy bills.
How Do You Encapsulate A Crawl Space?
The encapsulation process can vary depending on the condition and size of the crawl space, but in general includes four very important steps.
- Identify High Moisture Areas. First, we’ll identify your moisture danger areas–where water may be leaking in through your foundation, floors, or walls. If needed, we’ll fix these leaks and install an interior drainage system to ensure that groundwater is heading in the right direction.
- Seal the Crawl Space. After water management has been completed, all vents, holes, cracks, and areas where air can penetrate are sealed in the crawl space.
- Install the Barrier. A heavy duty plastic barrier is installed, seams are sealed, and the linter is fastened to the walls and columns of the crawl space. Depending on the moisture levels in your crawl space, we may also suggest conditioning the air with a dehumidifier, small amount of air supply from the HVAC system, or small exhaust fan.
- Enjoy A Healthier Home From the Ground Up! The end result of your crawl space encapsulation? Better air quality, greater energy efficiency, fewer pest problems, and improved structural integrity.
Should I Encapsulate My Crawl Space in TN?
If you’re asking the question, the answer is probably yes. These common signs often lead Middle Tennessee homeowners to seal their crawl spaces:
- Mold growth on walls, joists, pipes, or appliances
- Mildew/musty smell in crawl space or basement
- Soft or separating floors
- High cooling costs
- Wet insulation or drywall
- Sweating windows
- Pest problems
- Foundation cracks
Give us a call and our trained technicians will repair any water damage or leaks, and waterproof your basement or crawl space via our proven crawl space encapsulation techniques in order to keep the moisture out and problems at bay.
We have over 20 years of construction experience and nearly 3 years in pest control in both TN and KY. Choose Advanced Home Solutions for your crawl space encapsulation in Nashville, TN or the surrounding area and you can be sure we’ll provide the right solution at the right price–fast!
Call (615) 840-2005 for a free inspection and consult today!