Careers with Advanced Home Solutions
WHO WE ARE
Advanced Home Solutions is a locally-owned and operated contracting and water damage restoration company, with a primary focus on crawl space, basement, and foundation water damage, repair, and encapsulation. We serve the greater Middle Tennessee area as well as southern Kentucky. We offer custom designed solutions to meet our customer’s specific crawl space and water damage repair needs. We’re not about finding any solution–we’re about finding the right solution.
WHAT WE DO
We solve moisture problems, plain and simple. In doing so, we help protect our customer’s homes from crawl space mold and mildew, crawl space structural damage, crawl space odors, bugs, critters, rodents, high energy costs, poor indoor air quality, cold floors, and so much more.
Our business isn’t limited to crawl spaces, though. We can take care of almost any home repair, big or small. That includes drywall installation, grading, drain systems, and more. If there’s something you want to learn about contracting and general home repairs, you can bet you’ll learn it working for Advanced Home Solutions in Nashville, TN!
WHY WORK WITH US
- SAME-DAY HIRING. Move fast! Need work now? Get paid soon! We’ll hire you on-the-spot and train you on-the-job.
- WORK WITH YOUR HANDS. Forget working in a cubicle or serving in a restaurant. You’ll work with your hands every day and learn valuable skills you can use in your own home or apartment.
- FLEXIBLE HOURS. We work hard, but we also know that life gets busy. We offer flexible scheduling to fit your needs. Students are welcome to apply.
- UNLIMITED EDUCATION. You’ll be joining a seriously experienced team, so there’s plenty to learn. We have over 20 years of construction experience and nearly 3 years in pest control. If you want to learn a trade or a skill related to construction, home repair, or water damage restoration, we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES. We believe hard work deserves to be recognized. As a small business, we have the freedom to reward our team members accordingly. You’ll earn pay increases and promotions based on exceptional performance, not seniority.
- FAMILY ATMOSPHERE. Your family is the most important thing to you. We respect that, because we have families, too! Our work environment is respectful and family-friendly.
- HOLIDAYS OFF. Don’t work on major national holidays like New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day.
We are looking for skilled general laborers who understand basic construction concepts and enjoy installation and maintenance work on homes. There’s no need to be an expert in anything home related. Passion and excitement for learning are key. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, works well on a small team, and leads other through example. Novices are welcome! We’ll train on the job.
- Perform work on residential buildings as assigned, including, but not limited to: crawlspace systems, installation of insulation, water damage and repairs
- Document work with photos on job site
- Inventory and load the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project.
- Assist in maintaining and cleaning a variety of work equipment and tools.
- Prepare rooms/areas for work activities. Set up staging area and equipment for each project.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Comprehend and follow written and oral instructions and manuals.
- Ensure clear two-way communication with crew chief and other team members (especially regarding customer needs and concerns). Communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers and customers.
- Perform end-of-day/end-of-job cleanup and breakdown. Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Always ensure jobsite safety.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable means of transportation
- Effective oral communication
- Basic math skills
- Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
- Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary